This recipe for homemade protein bars makes 8 servings.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (NO SUGAR ADDED–fat drained)*
- 1 cup skim milk powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and add enough water to make a stiff dough — you will have to get your hands dirty to mix it up; it’s sticky.
- Spray an 8×8 inch cake pan with Pam and press in dough evenly.
- Refrigerate a few hours to harden, then cut into 8 – 12 bars, depending on requirements.
- Wrap bars in plastic wrap and store in fridge.
You can adjust to your portion needs by cutting into larger or smaller bars. I cut mine into 8 bars and that works out to approx:
- 28.5g protein
- 22.5g carbs
- 6g fat
- 245 calories
Find more recipes at Homemade Protein Bar Recipes
Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Cups, sugar free, high protein (picture below)
- 3tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
- 3tbsp soft natural peanut butter
- Chocolate Protein Powder, I used BioX
Mix oil and PB and add a scoop of PP. Stir and gradually add more PP until it’s kinda gooey. Pour into small cups and freeze.
For entire recipe: 837Cal, 67F, 13C, 48P – Per serving will depend on PP you use and how many servings you cut it into. This is sugar free & and healthier alternative to junk food but it’s still high calorie remember.